Welcome to deeper thoughts and musings on building a business.
MUST DO vs CAN DO - I have taken this from my boys' classroom. Everyday they have two lists - a Must Do's and a Can Do's. They can't get to the Can Do's (more fun) until they have done the Must Do's (less fun but more important).
So, let's work this with everyday business.
What are your MUST DO's each week/day?
What are your CAN DO's each week/day?
Must Do's are (imho):
1. income generating or to do with cash flow actions e.g. creating, sending and following up on invoices, checking your financials each week, carrying out financial tasks like GST each quarter, paying your bills.
2. Customer/Client focussed actions - nurturing, serving, helping, customer service, communications, support
3. Marketing Pipeline actions but balanced against the other tasks - e.g. promote your offer on socials, send that newsletter, interact in DMs.
4. Metric checking each month against goals
5. Mindset work
6. Making time to build & test a new offer
7. Body-centric actions - that daily walk, hydration etc
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PLAN & INSPIRED ACTION - read on:
I wrote this initially as a quick Instagram from a moment of Inspired Action so I posted it only half an hour after having the idea BUT.... I know that the content is still aligned to the value I want to give my audience and clients and my marketing manifesto.
Your plan is your GUIDE your container and manifesto for all of your business - marketing, ops, systems, financials, goals, dreams, the timeline.
Inspired Action is an idea that is deep and in the moment BUT still aligned to the bigger vision and strategy. IT must not be a "should" or put you into overwhelm.
If that happens then it's "just a great idea" thanks brain! put it in the ideas bucket and review it at the end of the month to see if it is worth pursuing.
Many Inspired Actions come from ideas (obvs) but they have to be within the realms of your energetic capacity to make it happen and be connected to the bigger vision and strategy so they help move you...
There is a new way in how business is being done. A push back. No more hustle. No more hurry. No more pressure. Work with your energy, your flow, the seasons and cycles of life. It's called Slow Business.
You can still create, produce and achieve but rest and well-being are also just as “productive” and planned into your week.
Slow, seasonal, mindful bespoke business. Where you create rhythm, and ritual, ease and focus, softness and joy, within a life well lived that focuses on your business and your well-being. Your life is the centre of your business not the other way around.
Slow business is good for your business because:
1. It allows you to be strategic for the long-game. This is not about mega money quickly but about long-term legacy building wealth.
2. It takes the pressure off and reduces overwhelm thereby reducing stress, anxiety and keeping your body in flight/fright/fight mode (also reduce health issues caused by stress, anxiety etc)....